In 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a penalty. For many, insurance is available now at little or even no cost. Certified Application Counselors from CoxHealth will be in Taney County to help area residents learn more about the marketplace – a component of the Affordable Care Act designed to allow individuals, families and small businesses the opportunity to shop for private health insurance based on quality and price.
Informational group sessions are held:
- Monday, November 18 at 9 a.m., Noon, and 3 p.m. in the Outpatient Education Room, Suite 406, inside CoxHealth Outpatient Center Branson.
- Wednesday, November 20 at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Taney County Health Department, 15479 U.S. Hwy 160, Forsyth.
Please call 417-269-2945 or toll-free 1-888-345-2801 to register to attend, or for more information.
Individual consultations are available:
- Every Thursday from 9 a.m. to Noon at Faith Community Health, 610 S. 6th Street, Branson. No appointment necessary.
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in CoxHealth Outpatient Center Branson, 545 Branson Landing Blvd., Branson. No appointment necessary.
- After 6 p.m. and Saturdays by appointment. Call, 417-348-8930.
Following the group sessions or individual consultations, you can choose to stay and counselors will help you complete your enrollment. In order to enroll or learn what coverage you qualify for, you’ll need:
- social security numbers
- employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (Pay stubs or W-2 forms are preferred, but not required.)
- policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- knowledge of any job-based health insurance plans you or someone in your household is eligible for.
For more information please call 417-269-2945 or toll-free 1-888-345-2801.
This record has been viewed 2465