Medical Executive Committee
Cox Medical Center Branson Medical Executive Committee has primary authority over the functions of medical staff and the professional services provided by individuals with CoxHealth clinical privileges.
- Act on behalf of Cox Medical Center Branson medical staff.
- Make recommendations to Board of Directors regarding Medical Staff:
- Credentialing and approval of clinical privileges
- Performance improvement activities
- Review of quality indicators.
- Provide leadership regarding patient safety.
- Oversee and improve patient satisfaction.
- Promote continuing medical education.
- Periodically review the bylaws, policies, rules and regulations of the Medical Staff.
- The Medical Executive Committee is comprised of the officers of the Medical Staff, the Department Chiefs and one other active staff member elected at large.
- The Chief Executive Officer and Director of Medical Affairs shall be ex-officio members without vote.
- Department Chiefs are elected by the Medical Staff within the departments.
- Terms are two years and are based on a calendar year.