Volunteers provide Cox Medical Center Branson departments with capable, dependable and trained volunteer staff to assist regular hospital staff in providing services and amenities to patients, their families and visitors.
Qualifications of a volunteer
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an interview and application
- Complete the orientation process and health screening
- Read and agree to a confidentiality agreement
- Agree to a commitment of at least 100 hours per year at one of three shifts,
- 8 a.m. - 12 noon, 12 noon - 4 p.m.; 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Adhere to the volunteers' dress code
Some of the hospital functions in which volunteers serve include:
- Staff information desks
- Assist with mail distribution
- Assist patients with food orders; food delivery; and provide patient escort services from hospital department to department or upon release from the hospital.
- Rotation of magazines in all waiting rooms
- Provide funding for hospital purchases through gift shop and resale shop proceeds
- Clerical tasks on the nursing floors and in various departments
CoxHealth Volunteer Services Branson
545 Branson Landing Blvd.