Skaggs Volunteers provide Skaggs Regional Medical Center departments with capable, dependable and trained volunteer staff to assist regular hospital staff in providing services and amenities to patients, their families and visitors.
Qualifications of a Skaggs Volunteer
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an interview and application
- Complete the orientation process and health screening
- Read and agree to a confidentiality agreement
- Agree to a commitment of at least 100 hours per year at one of three shifts,
- 8 a.m. - 12 noon, 12 noon - 4 p.m.; 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Adhere to the Skaggs Volunteers' dress code
Skaggs Volunteer Positions
Some of the hospital functions in which Skaggs Volunteers serve include:
- Staff information desks
- Assist with mail distribution
- Assist patients with food orders; food delivery; and provide patient escort services from hospital department to department or upon release from the hospital.
- Rotation of magazines in all waiting rooms
- Provide funding for hospital purchases through gift shop and resale shop proceeds
- Clerical tasks on the nursing floors and in various departments
Skaggs Volunteer Services
Skaggs Outpatient Center
545 Branson Landing Blvd.