Hospice volunteers become a part of a specialized program, requiring several hours of training, after which they work with terminally ill patients.
Qualifications of a Hospice Volunteer
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete the Hospice Volunteer Training program
- Complete yearly hospital education fair
- Orientation process and health screening
- Read and agree to a confidentiality agreement
Hospice Volunteer roles
- Visiting with terminally ill patients
- Working in the Hospice office
- Being a phone volunteer friend to patients
Training sessions are held periodically. The volunteer training session is designed to:
- Teach prospective volunteers what Hospice is
- Explain what Hospice does
- Allow you to make a decision about being a very important part of our team - a volunteer!