Many physical and mental changes associated with aging are not normal and can be lessened, or reversed with proper diagnosis and treatment.
CoxHealth Senior Transitions Unit provides a secure and therapeutic environment for seniors facing such mental health issues.
Our team of professionals helps area seniors begin a path to achieving their optimal state of physical, mental and emotional well-being through individualized therapy.
- Preadmission evaluation
- Diagnosis of psychiatric and medical conditions
- Psychosocial assessment
- Multidisciplinary treatment planning
- Group and individual psychotherapy
- Occupational and recreational therapy
- Medication management
- Post discharge follow-up
Program Admission Criteria
- Age 65 and older with ages 60 to 64 on an individual and milieu basis.
- Determination by a licensed physician of medical stability and need for inpatient mental health treatment
- Ability to understand and agree to voluntary admission, or have a legal guardian or someone holding a durable power of attorney for healthcare, with the ability to make healthcare decisions.
- Ability to participate in, and benefit from, individual and group therapies.
CoxHealth Senior Transitions
Cox Medical Center Branson
Branson, MO 65616